This pattern will enable you to make any of the five variations of the Triangle Bag: the Mini Triangle Bag based on 5-inch quilt blocks, with or without border (Bag A and B), the Original Triangle Bag based on 6-inch quilt blocks, with or without border (Bag C and D), or the Large Triangle Bag, with border, based on 8-inch quilt blocks (Bag E). You can decide to make these bags from your favorite quilt blocks, or you can use the Square Rose instructions, using fast strip piecing methods, to make the blocks shown on the cover. These blocks include two different Seminole patchwork blocks (Bag B and D), three different Sashiko designs (Bag C), and an Art Deco block (Bag E). You can decide to add any of four different pockets, covered cord, or fabric covered cord ends. In addition, the bags are all reversible so you get two bags in one!
Mini Bag A:
Sides and Bottom: 1/4 yard or 1 fat quarter.
Mini Bag B:
Seminole Block and Bottom: 1/8 yard of two fabrics and 1/4 yard of a contrasting fabric for center strip, top border, and bag bottom.
Original Bag C:
Sashiko Block and Bottom: 1/4 yard or 1 fat quarter.
Original Bag D:
Seminole Block and Bottom: 1/4 yard of two contrasting fabrics and 1/8 yard for top border.
Large Bag E:
Art Deco Block and Bottom: 1/8 yard or 1 fat eighth of 5 fabrics and 1/4 yard of a contrasting fabric for solid separating strips, top border, and bag bottom..
In addition you will need:
- Lining / Reverse Side: 1/4 yard or 1 fat quarter for Bags A - D or 3/8 yard for Bag E.
- Fleece: 1/4 yard for Bags A - D or 3/8 yard for Bag E of fusible or non-fusible, light to medium weight fleece at least 38 inches wide.
- Purchased Cord: 1 1/2 to 2 yards of 1/4 to 3/8-inch sturdy, non-abrading cord.
- Optional Covered Cord: To make this you will need 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 yards of 1/4 to 3/8-inch filler cord, and extra fabric to make bias strips to cover the cord.
- Slide: A large bead or ring with hole big enough for 3 lengths of cord.
*Fabric requirements are given for fabrics that are 44 inches wide.